Los Angeles Earthquake Retrofitting
Seismic Retrofit for Buildings of all Kinds in Los Angeles
Buildings and homes that are unprepared for earthquakes can be severely damaged and pose a threat to the safety of individuals inside or nearby.
In a recent test in Kearney Mesa, Ram Jack helical piles were tested for their resilience to seismic activity. They were used in conjunction with a shake table to test their ability to successfully hold up a structure in the event of a level 9 earthquake.
The results were astonishing. They will shape the future of your home’s livelihood in the event of an earthquake. Don't wait to earthquake retrofit your home or business.
If you live in the Los Angeles County area, Woodland Hills, Santa Clarita, or Chatsworth, you are well aware of the threat of earthquakes. Contact Ram Jack SoCal today. We can help evaluate your home for earthquake retrofitting. We provide free evaluation for earthquake retrofitting in Los Angeles County.
Benefits of Los Angeles Earthquake Retrofitting
The purpose of seismic retrofitting is to keep your home from being displaced from its foundation. Ultimately, this makes the building safer. Additionally, the building will be less prone to experience structural damage during an earthquake.
Our Los Angeles earthquake retrofitting professionals can help grant you peace of mind.
Los Angeles Earthquake Retrofitting FAQ
What is earthquake retrofitting?
- Retrofitting a home for an earthquake essentially means strengthening the foundation of an older home to withstand structural damage when an earthquake occurs. It is sometimes called "seismic retrofit."
- Ram Jack SoCal will most likely recommend installing driven piles or helical piles that can increase the stability of the foundation during an earthquake.
How do I know if my home is vulnerable to earthquakes?
- The first question to ask is simple: how old is your home? If your home was built before 1980, we recommend taking a careful look at its health. Chances are it could benefit from a foundation inspection and structural improvement.
Do you provide evaluations for earthquake readiness?
- Yes! We provide free evaluations for earthquake retrofitting in Los Angeles.
What kind of testing has been performed on your retrofitting solutions?
- Our helical piles were used in a study by the University of California, San Diego. The study tested the performance of our helical piles in a "seismic liquefaction zone."
- This describes how ground surface sediment (soil) can lose its strength during an earthquake. To learn more, you can read about the study on seismic liquefaction. There is also a video explaining the study included below.
Is earthquake retrofitting required when selling a home in California?
- Yes; according to California’s local and state laws, your home must be retrofitted before you sell it. This was put into place in 2009.
How long does earthquake retrofitting last?
- An earthquake retrofit is a permanent modification to your home’s foundation.
How large of an earthquake can a retrofitting home go through?
- There are several unknowns regarding earthquakes in Los Angeles and the surrounding areas. However, having your home retrofitted can reduce the risk of damage. Data suggests that earthquake retrofitted homes fair much better than homes without foundational improvements.
What areas do you service?
- We provide services to Santa Clarita and the surrounding areas! These include Woodland Hills, Chatsworth, and more. Contact our team today to see if we service your area.
Make an appointment with Ram Jack SoCal to learn about the details of a residential earthquake retrofitting in Los Angeles. You can also ask about our other foundation services. Call (818) 423-4352 today.