Concrete Slab Repair
in Los Angeles
Premier Foundation Repair Contractors
When it comes to securing the integrity of your property's foundation, there's no room for compromise. At Ram Jack SoCal, we're the go-to experts for foundation crack repair.
Our proven track record, coupled with our commitment to excellence, makes us the first choice for homeowners seeking reliable slab foundation repair solutions!
Signs of a Settling Slab Foundation
Houses with slab foundations are prone to settlement issues, leading to a host of problems like sloping floors, cracks in walls, and water seepage. If you've noticed cracks in your concrete slab, it could be an indication of a settling foundation.
Why Does Foundation Slab Settlement Occur?
Slab foundations aren't built to withstand the strain of shifting soils. So, when the soil starts to move significantly, it can damage the concrete slab.
Other factors that contribute to foundation cracks include:
- Persistent Hydrostatic Pressure in the Soil: Hydrostatic pressure refers to the pressure exerted by a fluid due to gravity. In terms of soil, this means the pressure exerted by groundwater. When this pressure becomes persistent and high, it can push against the foundation, leading to cracks over time.
- Expansion and Contraction of the Soil: Changes in moisture levels can cause soil to expand and contract. This constant movement can put stress on the foundation, resulting in cracks. Clay soils in Los Angeles are particularly susceptible to this as they significantly expand when wet and shrink when dry.
- Water Damage Due to Leaks: Leaks, whether from plumbing or external sources, can cause water to accumulate around the foundation. Over time, this can erode the soil supporting the foundation, causing it to settle unevenly and crack.
- Extreme Weather Conditions like Storms and Flooding: Severe weather conditions like heavy rain, storms, and flooding can lead to excessive water accumulation around the foundation. This can soften the soil and increase hydrostatic pressure, both of which can contribute to foundation cracks.
- Earthquakes: California's earthquakes can cause immediate and severe damage to foundations. Even minor tremors over time can cause the foundation to shift, leading to cracks.
- Growth of Tree Roots: The roots of large trees can extend far into the ground in search of water and nutrients. If these roots grow towards your foundation, they can push against it, causing cracks. Additionally, they can leach moisture from the soil, causing it to contract and destabilize the foundation.
Slab foundations are highly susceptible to damage from a variety of factors. Considering these factors when choosing and maintaining a foundation is crucial, as they can significantly impact its longevity and structural integrity.
Our Concrete Slab Repair Method
At Ram Jack SoCal, we leverage advanced techniques like helical piles for concrete slab repairs. These piles offer quick installation and exceptional results. They can be installed directly through the floor slab to support and raise the slab back for maximum practical recovery.
We also offer solutions for lifting sunken slabs through a soil injection process. This method involves injecting a cement/soil grout under the sunken concrete to fill voids and elevate concrete slabs back to their original position. It's a fast, clean process that minimizes disruption to your property.
Schedule a Foundation Inspection in Los Angeles Today
Ignoring foundation slab cracks can lead to serious issues down the line. Supported by a national brand with over 40 years of industry experience, Ram Jack SoCal continues to build a reputation for innovative methods, tried-and-tested solutions, and professional expertise.