Foundation Repair Costs in San Antonio
How Much Does Foundation Repair Cost?
One of the most common questions from customers is, “How much does foundation repair cost?” That’s a tricky question, because not all foundation repairs are going to cost the same amount of money.
Don’t worry, we get it. You want the money you spend to be put to good use, and that’s why we, at Ram Jack, recommend that homeowners request estimates to better understand costs.
Comparing Foundation Repair Cost and Value
In Texas, on average you should request proposals from different foundation repair companies. Getting estimates is a huge part of the process, but doing this groundwork will ensure you’re getting the best information when comparing foundation repair costs.
It’s important to remember that there are many kinds of foundation repair available today. Some methods utilize pressed concrete pilings, thin-walled steel, cable-threaded concrete, or commercial grade steel. Some penetrate the zone of influence, which is the active clay soil (averaging 14 feet in Texas).
The methods are so different that comparing them side-by-side is difficult: Cost alone may not be the best indicator of which method will provide the best value for your repair needs.
When you are looking at multiple estimates and trying to determine foundation repair cost, keep these questions in mind:
- How long has the company been in business? The warranty provided is only as good as the longevity of the company.
- Is the warranty backed by a national trust?
- What type of piling is going to be installed?
- Did the company do a complete home evaluation with measurement devices?
- Did they address any interior movement?
- Do they have any accreditation in engineering?
- Is this the total project cost? (Sometimes, the company tacks on additional charges once work begins.)
Every repair is very different, and the range of foundation repair costs reflects that.
With over 50 Ram Jack franchises nationwide, the solution to your San Antonio foundation repair worries is never far away. Each franchise is staffed with highly-skilled workers who know what you’re going through and how to make it right.