Soil Injection in San Antonio
Soil injection, a process that reduces the ability for expansive clay soils to retain water, reduces soil heave and its corresponding damage. Soil injection with a proven product (soil stabilizer) reduces the soil’s ability to bond with water molecules to swell, so no responding shrinkage when water is removed.
Clay Soil Problems
Seasonal wet and dry cycles cause expansive clay soils to swell when wet and consolidate when dry. The swelling can cause a foundation to move upward (heave) and the drying can cause downward movement (deflection).
Benefits of Soil Injection
- Greatly Reduces Foundation Damage. Reduces swell and shrink cycles that are the major cause of cracks on the interior and exterior.
- Long Lasting Results. Injection of the soil stabilizer product has proven long-term results by modifying the soil.
- Strengthens Soil Density. Increases load capacity and sheer strength of the soil.
- Reduces Consequential Damages. No physical structure movement during application process, so no new cracks or plumbing damages as with traditional underpinning processes.
- Economical. Product and installation costs are minimal.
Soil Injection Process
Soil injections with a proven, effective product alter the make-up of the soil, specifically reducing shrink/swell cycles. A self-contained rig injects the soil stabilizer product through a low-pressure/high-volume process, allowing maximum distribution. Cleanup is minimal.