Warning Signs of Foundation Damage
Call On the Leading Foundation Repair Experts
You can spot warning signs of foundation damage with a careful eye. While you may be tempted to write it off as just the house settling, a sinking, moving, or heaving foundation is a serious warning sign. Act quickly to get an experienced foundation repair specialist on the job!
An experienced foundation specialist from Ram Jack® can review your home and look for common indicators of foundation damage. We also know what signs may indicate more serious problems that can be more expensive to repair down the road if not taken care of.
We’ve been in the foundation repair business for 40+ years and have the resources and tools to help. Don’t wait—call (888) 330-2597!
Common Signs of Foundation Problems
Be on the lookout for the following issues:
- Cracks in bricks – These cracks vary in size but are normally bigger at the top and narrow at the bottom accompanied by the wall rolling.
- Cracks in corners – Check to see if there are cracks in the siding of your home or around doors and windows inside and outside.
- Cracks in the floor – If there are cracks in the tiles or flooring of your home, it is likely the foundation is affected by the settlement.
- Cracks in sheet rock or drywall – Most of these cracks are easy cosmetic repairs but they can open up again indicating a problem.
- Cracks in stucco – Cracks that look like an ascending staircase are an indicator of problems with the foundation.
- Gaps in door frames and windows– Large openings like door frames are usually where the pressure of the foundation is revealed.
- Gaps in the garage door – Look for cracked bricks, warping walls, and any separation between the door and the ground.
- A leaning chimney – If the chimney is leaning toward the house, it’s usually a structural problem. If it’s leaning away, it’s a foundation problem.
- Misaligned doors and windows – When doors or windows stick, it can be an indication of a structural problem with the building.
Keep in mind that older homes are much more prone to foundation issues. Typically, the 10-year mark is when problems are likely to arise, whether due to soil heaving and shrinking or tree roots causing plumbing leaks.
Concerned about your foundation? Reach out to your local Ram Jack today at (888) 330-2597.