Increased Engineering & Technical Support
As we continue to grow and expand, the service levels of our engineering department are at an all-time high. In order to meet the needs of our clients and maintain the level of service they have grown accustom to, we knew additional engineers were needed. After an exhaustive search that began in November 2017, I’m pleased to welcome Marcos Silva, Structural Engineer, and Carlos Zarraga, E.I.T. to our team.
We’re poised to not only meet but exceed the increased demand for our engineering services.
Please help me welcome Marcos and Carlos to the fold.
Marcos Silva, Structural Engineer
Place of birth: Sao Paulo, Brazil
Graduated from the University of Sao Paulo (USP) in 2004 in Civil Engineering – concentration Structures
14 years of experience in Structural Engineering
- I started working as an assistant structural engineer in soil-structure interaction design of slurry walls and tunnels for various public agencies.
- In 2005 I moved to Costa Rica and worked with houses and small buildings design.
- In 2008 I returned to Brazil and worked with special structures such as Sao Paulo’s and Recife’s monorail, highway bridges in Dominican Republic, pedestrian Bridges in Panama City and damped slabs inside Sao Paulo’s subway tunnels.
- In 2009 I started my master’s degree in Structural Engineering at USP, completing all courses, except the thesis.
- In 2010 I took part on the conference paper presented at Ibracon’s Brazilian Concrete Conference about the damped slabs for Sao Paulo’s subway agency.
- From 2011 through 2013 I have been dedicated to structural design of buildings, up to 18 stories tall.
- In 2013 I opened my own structural engineering office, called Telford Engineering. We have done projects related to soil-structure interaction, such as subway stations, retaining walls, soil nailing and slope support.
- I Moved back to Costa Rica in 2015 due to the recession in Brazil and worked with buildings again at Estruconsult. It was at Estru that I got to know Ram Jack, providing Ram Jack with helical pile design for the bids in Costa Rica for two years.
Carlos Zarraga, E.I.T.
Place of birth: Caracas, Venezuela
Graduated from the University of New Orleans in 2009 in Civil Engineering – concentration Structures
8 years of experience in Structural Engineering
- In 2009 I started working as an assistant structural engineer for Evans-Graves Engineers in New Orleans designing concrete bridges for the Arkansas Department of Transportation.
- Subsequently, I started working on my master’s degree in Structural Engineering part-time at night while working.
- In 2012 I started working for Pelican Energy Consultants in the oil industry with offices located in Louisiana, Texas, and Ghana. My experience consisted of designing structures for refineries, chemical plants and enhanced CO2 recovery plants with projects based in 35 states in the US and Ghana, Africa.
- In 2016 I moved to Dallas, TX to work for RMS Engineers in the industrial and petrochemical industry. My experience consisted of designing structures for materials handling facilities and industrial buildings.
Access our full list of Engineer Resources