Tennessee Homeowners Saved From Toxic Fumes Case Studies
Homeownership is an exciting time in a person’s life. It can bring
a family a sense of security, stability, and a place to call home. The
new homeowners of a beautiful 10,000 sq. ft. single family home, however,
were not having any of these feelings. This family was continually getting
sick because of toxic fumes caused by waterproofing materials used on
the foundation of the home.
The homeowner and contractor determined it was a type of waterproofing
product on the foundation which presented toxic fumes, making the homeowners
sick. After several attempts to remedy the problem, the family was still
ill. Frustrated and ready for permanent solutions, the homeowner reached
out to Ram Jack Tennessee to assess the situation.
Ram Jack proposed to shore up the brick and the home along the perimeter
of the foundation using Ram Jack piles. A total of 75 piles were installed.
Without movement to the home, the block and stone of the foundation were
removed. Once removed, a masonry contractor re-laid the block foundation
and stone for the new foundation, now free from any of the previously
used waterproofing chemicals.
Download full version in PDF format
Without losing a single brick, Ram Jack Tennessee was able to provide
the temporary shoring needed to replace the toxic foundation. The homeowners
were pleased to gain back their sense of security and have a safe environment
for their family.